SOCIAL MEDIA

Let It Snow: Three Holiday Romances

Monday, November 10, 2014
So I just finished reading this book given to me by my office mate. It's titled LET IT SNOW: Three Holiday Romances - a book authored by three writers with three different stories that are intertwined to each other. This is my first time reading works of the three authors as I am a self confessed fan of Nicholas Sparks, I literally fell in love with The Rescue, the first novel I read way back high school.


The Jubilee Express by Maureen Johnson

A Cheertastic Christmas Miracle by John Greene

The Patron Saint of Pigs by Lauren Myracle


I will not dig into details anymore because I think I had my fair share of writing book summaries and reviews in high school so let me share with you my insights for this book.

Honestly, for me, the book is not too deep as it sports typical teen love stories with high school characters. It depicts usual scenarios of teen relationships - those times in our lives where we struggle with ourselves, with friends and even with parents  as we transition from adolescents to adults. There's not much of the kilig factor but I continued to read it anyways. *Sometimes, I'm really amazed with my patience for the not-so things. 

Among the three, I favor much the first story though, The Jubilee Express, maybe because it shows how things can turn out beautiful if you try to take a step beyond the line. That sometimes, what we are looking or meant for is really there beyond that horizon. Yes, I'm quite satisfied with the first one.

As I went on, it felt boring little by little and I just read the rest for the sake of finishing the book. John Greene's (who was behind The Fault In Our Stars) style of writing is quite overrated for me. It just felt too much for a superficial story.

All in all, I will rate it 2.5/5.  I will start to look for another book to read in a few days. Do you have suggestions? :) xx