SOCIAL MEDIA

The Wanderlust Within

Wednesday, November 12, 2014
I am so many things, a wanderlust being one of them. Wanderlust according to our friend Wikipedia, "is a strong desire for or impulse to wander or travel and explore the world". It is not until 2012 that I had discovered my desire to travel. Back then, the idea of going somewhere far seemed like a distant star. Thank God for having a job, I can now fund my travels.


And many thanks to my former colleagues who exposed me to the beauty of going to new places. Initially, we went to places near Manila then eventually, we visited far places, those kind that needs a lot of travel time by bus, boat or plane. 

So far, I have already visited Baguio, Calaguas Islands, Boracay, Camiguin, Enchanted River in Hinatuan, Surigao del Sur and Ilocos Norte and Ilocos Sur and nearby provinces in Manila like Laguna, Batangas, Nueva Ecija, etc. 

Random shots ;)





Sorry for the watermarks. I have been renaming my blog title a few times now. 

By February next year, we will be visiting Puerto Prinsesa on a 4-day trip and maybe head to El Nido if we have time and budget. I would love to visit Coron too but that would probably be happening another time.

With all the trips that I had gone to, I am just blessed that I have meet a very passionate person when it comes to travel itineraries and that's our Mommy Babes. She kind'a sets everything in place and all we just do is pay the fees and get going. Nonetheless, it is one of my goals, as a traveler in the making, to be able to create and follow my own itinerary. That would be soon! ;)

In a span of two years, I had already reached a lot of the typical destinations here in the country. So going forward, I plan to be able to push my first trip outside of the country by next year. My friends and I are also planning to go on a backpacking trip in Indochina, particularly in Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam. I am really really really hoping that I can push this planned trip because since then, I had wished to step on foreign grounds. I have been following a lot of travel blogs and I'm really awed by the places that these wanderlusts had gone too. I could list all the places in my checklist but that would really make this post too long.


---

Meeting new people, learning new cultures and the thrill and excitement of the unknown are definitely the reasons that fueled my desire to wander. Despite the limited resources, I will surely find ways to be able to go on a trip once in a while. As a friend once told me, "It is always to important to have something to look forward to". And it's definitely true as travel plans and travelling had kept me sane since I started working. I really look forward to it everyday.

Friends, I highly recommend, if you have the means, to travel and discover new places. If you are already burnt out, stressed or  feeling weary, TRAVEL. Travel can be the answer for the things you are looking for. Who knows what you may find, right? But... be sure to plan your trips carefully, do your research and save for your expenses to avoid hassle and unwelcome circumstances. 

So what are you waiting for? xx