SOCIAL MEDIA

2019:Grit

Tuesday, February 05, 2019
*Dear self, I hope you write more this year. Please bring life back to this once happy place.*

Hi everyone! I am back after spending the last few months trying to get myself together. You may know from my last post how I fell into depression due to work reasons and how I was able to get back up again through my personal faith. With God's grace, I am about to start a new job in a few weeks - an exciting new chapter in my career.

Anyhow, belated happy new year friends!!! Well it's the first day of Lunar New Year here in Hong Kong so technically, I am still on time, right? ;) Today, let's talk about the word that I aim my 2019 to sum up to: GRIT.

Grit in reference to behaviour is generally defined as firmness of character. This positive trait is a product of perseverance and passion to achieve a long term goal. It is also closely related to resilience which is one's ability to quickly get up after a crisis. If we pay more attention to build our grit, we will be able to to follow through our goals, no matter how daunting and at times, impossible it may seem.

Going back to 2019 and grit, well, to be honest, I don't think I am the most persevering person in terms of long term goals. I have always been the go-with-the-flow type. But this year, I am hoping to change that. It is high time to work on those long-term goals with a gritty attitude if we want to fully succeed. With success comes hardships; if we falter upon the very first road block then we will probably be stuck there forever. Who wants that? I sure don't!

image source

Friends, the concept of grit is also fairly new to me. I am still trying to learn it myself. If like me, you are interested to know more, there are lots of resources online that teaches how we can develop our grit. This year, let's aim to be (more) gritty! For sure, our future selves will thank us.

That's it for me today. I wish you all fruitful and happy 2019! See you on my next ramble! :)